Sunday, March 24, 2024

Fenway Park, July 1982 (Age 6)

 

Seeing the Red Sox at Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts with the family. You can see a second-edition 1982 scorebook at the bottom of this picture.
 
Since it's clearly the Kansas City Royals on the field, and it's summer, this puts the game at Saturday, July 17th, or Sunday, July 18th, 1982. 

Jene's not as excited as I am! We used to call her "The Eck" when she had a hat on, because her moss in the back made her look like Dennis Eckersley. (People just call him "Eck" now, but I swear we all called him "The Eck" in the early 80s.)

Some random guy enjoying a summer day at Fenway. The lefty in this picture and the top one may be John Tudor, who started (and lost 9-0) on the Sunday, so I'd guess that was our game.

I'm thinking this was my first time at Fenway. My first overall game was September of '80, Red Sox-Yankees in the Bronx. (I grew up an hour from Yankee Stadium and 2.5 hours from Fenway Park.)

No comments:

Post a Comment