Wednesday, July 5, 2023

New York City Trip, 1980 (Age 4)

I grew up an hour away from New York City, and my love it may have started with the trips my grandpa would take us on when I was little. Here we are going to the circus at Madison Square Garden in 1980, probably April or May. Above, Jene and I with Gramps. (Top of parking garage between 30th and 31st Streets.) 

Between MSG and 2 Penn Plaza, at street level.

2PENN, which is undergoing a major renovation as I type this, 43 years later.

Looking east from that same parking garage at St. John the Baptist, because of the architecture, yeah, that's it, the architecture....  What's with me thinking "hands on knees" is the proper pose for parking garage shots??



The parking garage we were standing on is still there today, as seen in the above satellite map pic. The orange arrows show where we were standing and the direction of the shots looking out at MSG and then the church.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment